Deadlines that have passed
- February 13-17 - Whites Crossing Housing Signups (Deposit required)
- March 1 - Financial Aid Office will begin accepting waivers for students with completed FAFSA and EFC between $0 and $100 (and verified, if necessary)
- March 1 - Housing Signups Continues (Deposit or deposit waiver required)
- March 21 - Passport to Fall in Columns Building (third floor)
- March 27 - First day for upperclassmen to register for Fall 2017 courses (Deposit or deposit waiver required AND satisfactory finances required)
Your deposit serves multiple purposes. It is necessary to both register for Fall 2017 housing and register for Fall 2017 courses. The deposit waiver may also be used in place of a deposit, if you qualify, beginning March 1st. The cost for the deposit is $100.
Private room housing is also available for the Fall 2017 semester and requires a $250 deposit in place of the $100 deposit. (The total is $250, not $350) A waiver may not be used to count towards the $250 deposit for private housing ($250 must be paid, not $150 plus a waiver). At this point, there is only a waiting list for private rooms in Whites Crossing.
Housing signups for students interested in Whites Crossing (both apartments and suites) began February 13th. To register for this housing, you must pay the $100 or $250 deposit to have your deposit hold removed. Students wanting private rooms should pay the $250 deposit AND have their Business Hold removed, but again, Whites Crossing Apartments are now waiting list only. To be placed on the apartment waiting list you must meet the same financial requirements as being placed in an apartment
Housing signups for traditional housing and continued housing for Whites Crossing Suites began February 27th. To register for suite and traditional housing spaces, you must pay the $100 deposit or submit the deposit waiver (available beginning March 1st) to have your deposit hold removed.
Course registration begins March 27th and requires that both the Deposit Hold AND the Business Hold be removed from your account. There are additional holds outside of the Business Office that may be on your account as well. Other holds may include medical, transcript, and disciplinary holds. Be sure that these are tended to. They are outlined in the last section of this email. Also, be sure you have met with your advisor prior to registration.
POTENTIAL HOLDS AND HOW TO REMOVE THEM
As it relates to the Business Office, please check your MyCU for two potential holds:
- Deposit hold: This will appear as "Needs to pay Tuition Deposit"
- This hold may be removed by paying a $100 deposit to the Business Office by paying in the Business Office or by paying online here. If you pay your deposit online, you may pick up your receipt in the Business Office the following day.
- Beginning March 1st, the Financial Aid Office will begin accepting deposit waivers for students who have completed their FAFSA and have a EFC of $0-$100. (Verification must be completed, if selected)
- Business hold: This will appear as "Owes Spring 2017"
- This hold may be removed by paying your spring account balance in full OR by having all payment plan payments paid in full that have due dates of March 15th or earlier.
- You may make payments on your student account by clicking here.
As it relates to the Registrar's Office, please check your MyCU for three potential holds:
- High School Transcript hold: This will appear as "Missing High School Transcript"
- College Transcript hold: This will appear as "College Transcripts not submitted"
- To resolve, order transcript from previous institution to be sent directly to:
- Registrar's Office - Chowan University - One University Place, Murfreesboro, NC 27855
An extension of time may be possible if you are unable to submit your transcript by the deadline. If you need an extension, please contact Donna Robbins, Registrar, First Floor Columns, (252)398-6280, email@example.com.
- Must See Registrar hold: Please see the Registrar, Donna Robbins, for resolution.
As it relates to Student Affairs, please check your MyCU for one potential hold:
- Disciplinary hold: This will appear as "Disciplinary Hold"
- To resolve, bring proof of payment of disciplinary fine to Residence Life staff in Penny Hall.